It took me nearly two months to have my own Digital Locker to save my important documents and certificate online in the Digital Locker. I had to exchange a number of emails with UIDAI and DigiLocker support team to remove the hurdles in getting access to my FREE of Cost DigiLocker provided by Government of India under its dream project of making Digital India - a reality. But I wonder if a common man will be ever able to avails this unique facility or more and more issuers will be added to the existing list of only two issuers - one from the state of Andhra Pradesh and the other from the state of Kerala. Just see as to how Your Document Lying in DigiLocker will look alike.
The following two issuers will be issuing the dematerialized documents in such a way that the documents will land directly in your DigiLocker. The names of the two unique authorities which have provided the facility as issuer are given below:
- Mee Seva AP in Hyderabad (Andhra Pradesh)
- Kerala e-District in Thiruvananthapuram City (Kerala)
- CBSE Marks Sheet will now land in Digi Locker account.
There will be thousands of issuer of documents like:
- Aadhar Card
- Birth Certificate
- Death Certificate
- Marriage Certificate
- Community Certificate
- Degree Certificates issued by so many educational board and Universities.
- Domicile Certificate
- Drivers License
- Government ID Card ( There are number of ID Cards)
- HSC Certificate
- Legal Heir Certificate
- Registered Will
- Life Certificate
- Minority Community Certificate
- MNREGA job card
- PAN Number
- PRAN Number
- Voter Card
- SSC Certificate
- Others - the list will run into thousands.
To my best estimate it will take another 100 years to make the Digital India dream come true if all the issuers of important documents get themselves integrated with the DigiLocker. In the next 100 years the existing population will likely cease to exist and it will be replaced by new generation and we will require digitization at every step especially :
- To digitally record the births in hospitals and at homes by midwifes. I will suggest that we can even start the digitalisation from the conception stage when the parents visit the government of private nursing homes for check up. The government can digitalise the immunization of the new born babies.
- Digitalise all the Orphan Houses to house the destitute, orphaned, abandoned or illegitimate children.
- Let every new entry into the world be issue AAdhaar Card by UIDAI or such authorities in the countries of residence.
- To digitalise all primary schools, anganwadis, creches or kids pre-schools.
- To digitalise all Colleges and Universities.
- To digitalise registration of all marriages, lunatic houses, hospitals, prisons, so that the movement of any individual with valid UIDAI Aadhaar Number registered essentially at the time of birth or any instance thereafter at Sr.No. 2 to 6.
- Digitalise the Registrar of Deaths, Missing Persons, Proclaimed Offenders, Incapacitated individuals like lunatics, disabled, blind, homeless individuals, beggars (If Government can provide shelter and employment to the beggars and families living on Railway Platforms, Pavements).
- Let no landlord should be allowed to keep tenant without getting the same with Registrar of Tenants (proposed authority which should be fully digitalised) in such a way that the Government can keep a check on residential status of citizens.
How to Sign Up for DigiLocker and store Valuable Documents online:
- First of all sign up for DigiLocker using your Aadhaar Card. In case your Mobile Number and/or email is registered with UIDAI in your Aadhaar Card then you will get OTP vis mobile/email. However in case your mobile number and/or email is not registered then you will have to personally visit the nearest Aadhaar Centre to get your Aadhaar Status updated.
- In your account settings you can update your UserID along with password which should be minimum 8 characters alphanumeric with at least one uppercase and one special character. For example India@1947.
- Now start uploading your documents in jpg or png formats. For every upload you will receive OTP via mobile/email and every uploaded document will be authenticated through OTP.
- Classify your document as Certificate, Degree Certificate by selecting from the drop down menus.
- esign all the documents by clicking esign link alongside every document. The uploaded documents will get authenticated again through OTP process is highly secured environment.
- Now you can share the document with any authority in India or Word by clicking the share button and filling the email ID of the authority to which you want to submit your esigned document/degree, voter card, pan card or aadhaar card.
- Digi Locker Team of Government of india will be sending an email to the designated authority as per specimen below:
To : Name and Email ID of the Authority with whom the digilocker document is to be shared with.
(Name of the owner of DigiLocker) has shared the following DigiLocker document with you:
Have a Good Day!
The DigiLocker Team
Government of India
1. As the documents gets verified by the Government of India - Free of Cost there is no need of attestation or physical photocopies.
2. Commentators are requested to write their comments below and add to the list of documents to be kept in DigiLocker and likely hurdles to be faced to realise the dream of Digital India.